Outspoken music and media blogger Bob Lefsetz will be joining the stage as a keynote speaker during THE Summit on September 24th from 1 – 6 p.m. at the Luxe Sunset Blvd. Hotel in Los Angeles. In his usual outspoken and provocative style, Lefsetz will be advising the audience of studio and tech services executives how they can “Unsuck the Home Entertainment Experience.”
“Music was just the canary in the coal mine. Movies and TV are now entering the maelstrom, where the techies are despots and the consumer ultimately rules,” Lefsetz says. “Winning in a bubble is impossible, only by adjusting to the ever-changing landscape will you succeed.”
Bob Lefsetz is the author of “The Lefsetz Letter.” Famous for being beholden to no one and speaking the truth, Lefsetz usually addresses the issues that are at the core of the music business: streaming, piracy, pricing and the music itself. His readership includes everyone from Steven Tyler to Deadmau5 to Quincy Jones to Irving Azoff. Now turning his attention to the technology world, Bob’s insights are fueled by his stint as an entertainment business attorney, majordomo of Sanctuary Music’s American division and consultancies to major media companies.
The inaugural Summit is designed to showcase innovations that will drive new revenues and efficiencies in the home entertainment industry.
This think-tank format will give studios and their business partners a platform to voice their ideas and foster an open, industry-wide discussion about transformative business models, technology innovations and workflows. The event is produced by DEG and MESA with diamond sponsors My Eye Media and Dolby; platinum sponsor Deluxe; and gold sponsors DTS and Sohonet.
Lefsetz joins corporate turnaround expert Jeffrey Hayzlett on the keynote stage. Both will set a frank and open tone for a full afternoon of thought leadership and new ideas. Other sessions include:
- The “Uberfication” of Media Services
- Simplifying Today’s Home Entertainment Supply Chain
- Digital Workflows that (Actually) Work
- Inside the Netflix Digital Supply Chain
- Seamless File Integrity and Distribution Across Multiple Outlets
- Driving a Premium Market for Home Entertainment
- How HDR Changes the Viewer Landscape
- The “X” Factor: Offering an Enhanced Audio/Visual Experience
- Bringing UHD Content to Market
- Taking a Bite Out of the Millennial Movie Market
- Keeping Content Fresh Across Multiple Channels
- You Say You Want An Evolution: A Digital Music Roadmap
- 3 Days to an OTT Channel
To become a sponsor contact: Garrett Randall at garrett@MESAllliance.org